Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 2, 2010: Good News

I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. I fly out Tuesday morning for Brazil!!!! It's a full day of traveling all by myself but it's all good! I'm just excited to be going. I don't know what my address is there yet so for now I guess just send e-mails or dear elders to the BRAZIL SAO PAULO MTC. Thanks!! Once they handed my my travel plans I kept waiting for someone to say APRIL FOOLS!!! lol. But that didn't happen thankfully. I didn't want to be overly excited though because there are a lot of elders who have been waiting here a LOT longer than me...so hopefully they get their's too. The visas seem to be coming a whole lot faster though. It went from some 300 Brazilian bound missionaries to now there are only like 12 of us (I'm the only sister). But I can't wait to be reunited with my companion or A companion. Although being a solo sister hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be! I have a companionship/district of three elders who take great care of me (i.e. walk me around everywhere, wait for me....) they love it!

It was a bit of a surprise for me though since they're class is about 2 weeks ahead of me! We speak ONLY portuguese in class so I was a little flustered the first day but its all good. It's forcing me to learn much more and faster. Um what else?! Nothing too new and exciting in the life of a missionary. Our schedules are pretty routine and always the same which I love. . I'm so happy to hear that the missionary effort is flourishing still up in Spokane. I brag about my home all the time and what and increddible place it is. I SO wish I could be there for the dinner going on at the Nowlings!! How fun is that!!! Please let me know how it goes!! Ah gosh I wish I knew more what to write? Life is just great. I absolutely love it here and recommend it to everyone!! I'm so happy that this is general conference weekend! What a privellege we have to be able to hear from our prophet and his apostles! Just like when Christ was on the Earth and called His twelve apostles! The one and the same authority!!! It still blows my mind when I bear testimony of it teaching lessons or something. Its such a beautiful thing. The one thing Sister Przybyla kept saying while she was here was "I just hope they don't send me to Brazil before Conference cuz I want to watch it in English!!!" hahaha yeah too bad for her!! I'm happy I'll get to watch it in English and then be more prepared for the October session in Portuguese.

Please continue to pray for all the missionaries in the world. This is such a great and important work we're involved in!! The more I study the more I come to understand that!! I love this gospel with all of my heart! I'm so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for us. I am so imperfect but the Lord selflessly understands and forgives even me! I just feel so blessed. I wish I could better express in words how I feel sometimes! I have met some increddible people here!! When I got put into the foursome of elders one of the teachers seperated us and told us to specifically be mindful of being too casual and flirty, etc as I guess tends to happen with solo sisters. It cracked me up though cuz she told the Elders to view me as they would their Bishop's wife and they told me to view them like I would the Bishop! She said "I assume you've heard, just think of him like your kid brother" But then it takes away the respect for the priesthood, district leader, etc. Which is understandable! But now we all joke about that. How I'm like this old grandma to them or something. But truly it is amazing to see these young men out here. I honestly will admit that I had the whole "19 year old" boy sterotype in my mind. I don't feel one day older than any of them nor do I feel one iota more prepared. They are all AMAZING!!! Their testimonies rock solid, their desire to learn the language and study just straight up golden. It's awesome. They are all great examples to me. I wish I knew more of what was going on as far as health insurance and stuff....I guess I'll find out more when we speak?? Also the suitcase thing. I assume you all have it under control. Okay well I guess I better end this. I love and miss you all!!! Please write!!! Mail is the best plus I want to hear from all of you!!!!!!! Thanks for your prayers and love and support and encouragement!!!

Sempre Your missionary,

Sister Emily Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment