Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 26, 2010

Hello everyone! Well I love P-day! Not just because we get to rest and check mail, but because we get to go to the temple! I love going so much! Today it was great to get out and off campus and walk up to the temple. When we were ready to leave, we discovered that it was a blizzard outside! So we walked back in a snow storm. It was fun though; we took pictures and just made the best of it! This week has been fine, nothing too eventful to report. Still learning Portuguese. Thank you Mom for sending the package!! We ate everything that night. It's not that they necessarily starve us here; it’s just so great to get care packages and have snacks! I don't need you to send jeans and t-shirts I have enough now thanks.



Also I'm glad Mayra's doing her missionary work. I have been thinking a lot about her!!! She's going to love it here and being a missionary!! I would LOVE to either hear from her or be able to write her but I dont have her address. Tell her to write me! Even if it is just a dearelder. I miss her! There’s an elder in my zone who reminds me a ton of Alex, too. lol. Also, the day I've been dreading has finally come. Sister Przybyla got her visa yesterday and flies out Tuesday which means I'm a solo sister now. Saaaaad!!!!!!!! So now my district is me and Elder Tatafu. Oh well, the Lord knows what is best. Guess I need to stay here a little longer. I don't care as much about that as much as I'm going to miss her terribly!!!!!!!!!!! Here's my problem, I don't know if you know but I tend to get attached easily. ;) I was afraid of that coming a on a mission....getting attached to companions and investigators, etc. So maybe this is the Lord trying to teach and prepare me. She and I are just like two peas in a pod. Pretty sure she set the bar pretty high for all my next comps. So yeah anyway that’s my sad (but good for her!) news of the week. I'm glad you've been in touch with Aaron at NID. I have only heard from Amy from there, maybe they wrote me in Brazil?? haha, So I thought about writing a letter to NID to see how everyone is doing. But yeah that’s my excuse when I don't get mail I say "Oh, they're just confused and thought I was in the Brazil MTC" :) Again I just love it here. I wish I could write about how much I'm learning and growing but it would take longer than the 13 minutes and 31 seconds I have. (I can't stand this ticking clock....)

I heard a quote recently from the Joseph Smith movie. He said "The Lord calls us in our weakness and qualifies us for His work." I love that! I feel so weak and inadequate at times. But I know that through faith and diligence He will help me and qualify me to help bring the gospel to the world! This is such an important thing that we're doing. Nothing beats the power that comes from 2200 missionaries singing "Called to Serve" in unison with such enthusiasm!! Whoohoo I can't wait to get to Brazil!!!!!!!!!



Eu sei que o evangelho e restaraudo. Tambem o Livro de Mormon e verdadiero. Testifico que as familias podem ser juntos para eternidade. Dues restarou o sacerdocio atraves de Jospeh Smith. Sei que Jesus Cristo e nosso Salvador e ele e o filho de Dues. Em nome de Jesus Cristo amem.



I printed some pictures so I'll try to get those sent out today. :) But I better go. Hope everyone is doing well. I love you all and appreciate your love, prayers, and support!! Take care and I'll talk to you next week! (Maybe, hopefully, from Brazil!!) :)



Sempre,

Sister Emily Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment