Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Things are great here!

Well as usual, things are great here! We had a miracle fall from the sky! We received a referral, Ligia from a member and met her two weeks ago at church. When we met with her we found out she has already investigated the church for quite sometime, been taught by the missionaries, etc. Only she never felt that it was "her time". Well as luck (quer dizer, o plano de Deus) would have it, she feels that NOW is the right time and wants to be baptized! She is so prepared its unbelievable. Her testimony is rock solid and everything she said just strengthened mine! Her baptism will be this Saturday! I am so excited for her!

We are now teaching Luca´s parents, and although they have not yet accepted an official baptismal date, I am confident that they will soon. I actually don´t get sad when investigators decline the baptismal invite because that means to me that they are actually paying attention and are serious about the covenant of baptism! They have agreed to keep attending church (because they love it!) and continue receiving our visits. I am very excited for this family.
I am so incredibly grateful for the gospel and the peace it brings in a world full of chaos. I know the Savior has given each of us the opportunity to embrace that peace as we come to know Him. I am especially mindful of the gift of the Resurrection that we celebrate this time of year. He truly does live! Although He died for us, He rose on the third day and He continues to live. In my Mom's letter, she shared what Sister Daines said in the Belle Terre ward sacrament meeting. I love the symbolism..."empty manger, empty room, empty garden, empty tomb." I hope each of us will reflect on the true meaning of those words.

Another great blessing of the gospel is the privilege of hearing an Apostle of the Lord speak! Next week, Elder Neil A. Anderson is coming to speak with us so we are all very excited! It is always so uplifting and insightful. Its on the same day as Ligias baptism so I´m praying that we make it back on time and that all will feel the full impact of the Spirit. We are doing our best to find new people to share the gospel with and the Lord is providing many blessings! As always se cuidem e até logo gente! Um abraço!

-Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment