Monday, April 18, 2011

I love Eden!

I think the Lord is really opening my eyes and increasing my faith. I am learning that there really are people whom the Lord is preparing, many of them in fact, we just have to find them! They are waiting for to hear the gospel from us! What a blessing it was to be a part of a baptism this week of a young man named Luca. The sisters contacted him on the street and after the first lesson he gained a testimony of the truthfulness of the resorted gospel. He is amazing! The baptism was incredible. His whole family came, many of his friends and neighbors, and the branch supported him too! The spirit was so strong, his mom even cried! She loved the peaceful feelings. His parents came to church the following day to watch him be confirmed too. What a blessing! We are going to try to work with his whole family now too. What an impact this decision Luca made will have on the lives of so many others! His family, friends, when he serves a mission, etc. I feel so blessed to have been able to help teach and prepare him (a little because he was already prepared!

The funny part of the baptism was that the water in the baptismal font doesn´´t drain! It was still full from the last baptism the sisters had! So we spent all saturday morning taking water out with buckets...my back is STILL killing me! Appaerntly its been a problem for a while, but I hope they get it fixed soon!!! The water from Lucas baptism is still there because we just didn´t hvae the energy to take it out!!

We are also teaching a wonderful young man named Henrique. I love Henrique! He is 20 and has lived "the way of the world" his whole life. He has such a desire to change but is afraid of getting baptized and messing up after. We are doing all that we can to encourage him and tell him that YES it is possible! I even made him a calendar and a list of goals to mark off each day that he read the scriptures, prayed, didnt drink/smoke, etc. (I know totally sister right? lol) but he is so good! He is so true to his word and is reading the Book of Mormon every day. His baptism was marked for the 30th but he couldnt make it to church this Sunday unfortunately so it will have to be postponed a little. Pray for Henrique!

Well I could go on forever about how much i love this area and my adorable companion. I have never been happier because I am truly learning what it means to "lose yourself in the work". Everything just goes so much better! I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the humble people of Eden and really end my mission with a bang! Um abraço!

-Sister Peck

1 comment:

  1. eo so grato por ter te conhecido. por ter aprendido muitas coisa com vc espero que vc esteja muito bem
    eu amo muito vc
    pois atraves de vc eu conhece o evegelho de Deus
    espero poder te ver denovo
    always:Xiquinho

    ReplyDelete