Saturday, March 20, 2010

Boa Tarde, March 19, 2010

Boa tarde!! It's finally P-day! Hooray so excited! How on earth do I cram everything that has happened in one week in 26 minutes?!?! Suffice it to say it has been so awesome. I really do love it here. EFY meets freshman year minus dances and drama! AWESOME! Maybe you could also somehow post something that if anyone sends me an e-mail I need their mailing address to write them back since I can only e-mail family! Also DEARELDER.COM is soooo great!! It's like getting text messages only I can't respond! lol!!

There are actually a few things I wish I would have brought with me to the MTC. So for anyone reading this who hasn't gone on a mission yet, bring JEANS! and T-shirts. I don't have enough. You'll want them for service, P-day, etc. What else? I can't remember the other one, oh well. So apparently we can't upload pictures on the computers here. So I'll have to print out the ones I have taken and send them to you. Maybe somehow you can figure out how to get them on my blog so you can see my beautiful companion Sister Przybyla. I guess in the Brazil MTC they upload pics all the time so maybe when I get there, and of course in the field, that will be easier.

Speaking of Brazil I definitely had to re-apply for my visa so who knows how long I'll actually be here. They are comng faster. Two other elders received their's so they're gone and we are down to 4. Me and Sis P and Edler Banner and Elder Tatafu (hes awesome!!) Okay so I have a couple cool stories for you. So Elder Cook from the quorm of the twelve came to devotional this past Tuesday!! Pretty awesome. He of course gave an amazing talk. I was so grateful to be able to hear from an Apostle of the Lord my very first week here. I was also able to participate in the MTC choir here too. We performed at that devotional and it was a great experience. I was hoping the choir was going to be singing for General Conference but I guess not. :( We also watched Music and the Spoken word and guess who was their guest performing choir?? The collegiate singers!! I saw all my friends and instantly remembnered how it was to perform with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! We also had another devotional Sunday night with a Richard Heaton (ever heard of him?) Apparently he was the mission pres. of Spokane a while ago! but maybe that was before we moved there. Anyway his talk was INCREDDIBLE! About investigators. He had all the recent converts who were missionaries stand and had a few of them come up and share their conversion story/testimony. Amazing. In addition we sang the primary song "We'll Bring the World His Truth" which, okay, already brings me to tears but here in the MTC they change the words to "And we are NOW the Lord's missionaries" yeah I was basically weeping through the entire thing. The spirit is so strong here. I love this place. And I love this gospel. How thrilled I am to be a representative of the Lord and be able to wear his name right on my chest! Gosh I have so much I want to talk about. I love teaching and I love learning. Portuguese is beautiful (Spanish is better, haha) and I can't wait to get to Brazil and teach the Lord's children there about the restored gospel!!! Okay I probably better go!! Please keep in touch everyone!! I love you all and appreciate your support and prayers!!! You're in mine as well!

Ate logo!
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment