Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekly Email

I read an article in the Liahona (Ensign?) this week that was written by a man who served first in the war and after served a mission, in about 1948. The story was beautiful. Times were so different then. Instead of just knocking doors to prosylte, they had to knock doors to ask for food and to even find a place to sleep! But they were positive and had great attitudes and were blessed for their efforts, I´m sure the difficulties faced in the war had a lot to do with it. It made me feel very spoiled even as a missionary to read about the DAYS when they went with out food or baths or at least the peace of mind of a warm bed waiting for me at the end of an exhausting day. I love being a missionary. There are a lot of highs and heaven knows a lot of lows. It is one incredible emotional roller coaster but I wouldnt trade it for the world! The lessons I am learning are priceless and could never be learned anywhere else. The opportunity to serve and to feel pain and heartache for others like I have never before felt is a new concept for me. Every day we explain to people how a mission is a preparation for the rest of our lives, marriage if you will, and really it is! My hope is to put into practice every thing that I have learned here in these short months. Even if the tag comes off, the call to serve still remains!

Our little elect Jonathan is as great as ever. He makes us so happy and puts more confidence in us that the Lord is truly preparing people to hear the restored gospel. His eyes literally glistened when we spoke of a living prophet "Really??," he said. He accepted the invitation to be baptized without hesitation, stopped drinking coffee the very day we taught him the Word of Wisdom, and told us that he can hardly wait for our visits to learn more and for church on Sunday because of the sweet spirit he feels. The Lord loves and knows Jonathan.
Sister Pedroso is as amazing as ever! Sometimes it scares us how alike we are, yet we grew up in a completely different country and culture. I love her so much and miss her incredibly already. Hope everyone has a wonderful week and até semana que vem!
***SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS:
ALEX!! CONGRATS ON GOING THROUGH THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!! I sure hope you take the marvelous experience seriously and fast and pray before in order to truly feel the unexplainable spirit that truly abides in the literal House of the Lord. I sure wish I could be there but know that I am praying for you and know that it will be an unforgettable day. I love the temple!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Sister Nowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment