Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oi from the CTM

Boa tarde!!! What an incredible week it has been!! We went proselyting for the second time on Friday and it was a little bit scary. They just took us to straight up down town Sao Paulo, gave us some Livros de Mormon, opened the door, and said we'll see you in a few hours! It's still interesting to me that they trust all these greenies who don't speak the language yet to go out and contact people! But its so good for us! Sister Przybyla and I did really well. It was pretty overwhelming at first being surrounded by so so so so SOOOO many people! (Imagine New York and then some!!) but we said a prayer and just opened our mouths! We found some people who really were genuinely interested in the gospel and were able, in our broken Portuguese, get information from some to send the missionaries to their houses as referrals!! Maybe I will get to teach them since this is my mission!! (Sao Paulo North) Its just awesome. We came back feeling so empowered and pumped to preach the message of the restored gospel to those individuals whom the Lord is preparing. Sometimes we wonder if people just want to listen to us because 1)we're OBVIOUSLY American and 2)we're girls. They are so patient with us and encouraging while we're struggling over our words. Some of the Elders came back a little more discouraged, so for whatever the reason I'm grateful that we were able to have such an amazing experience! As I said before, its a good thing we enjoyed it because thats what we'll be doing all day every day for the next 16 months!!! We were totally exhausted after only 4 hours! lol. Three of our district members suddenly got called to the field a week early. They were very excited but we were a little sad to see them go. Our district all got very close over the past weeks and everyone wants to make a special effort to stay in contact both during and after the mission. I hope it happens!!! I feel like its rare to hear people talk about the people they met in the MTC but we really all connected both spiritually and emotionally! I love each and everyone of them!!

Sis Prz and I were talking about how fortunate we have been both in our companionship and with our district and getting to experience both MTCs. As Mom always says "Seriously, when do the blessings stop????" Surely I will have trials in my mission so now I kind of wait in fear, because my hardships must be right around the corner!! I had the wonderful opportunity last night to sing the musical number for the fireside here at the CTM. I was asked to do it just a few hours before and thanks to the miraculous tender mercies from the Lord, it all came together. I was able to find an accompanist and perform the best I could. The main thing I concentrated on was bearing my testimony as I sang. It was the song "His Hands" by the way. I really felt the spirit as I sang and was felt very confident that I had bore my testimony of the Savior to the best of my ability. When people complimented me after it meant so much that their comments werent focused on me but rather the feelings they felt and how the words had impacted them. It really was a moving experience for me and I'm so grateful that I am able to be an instrument in the Lords hands. Granted I know I need to humble myself on more than one occasion when it comes to music but last night coudln~t have been better. In addition to that I have been teaching my district how to conduct the hymns!! I volunteered Sis Prz to conduct last nights fireside and she was SO nervous as she had never done anything like that in her life! She did a FLAWLESS job!!! I felt like a proud mother as I sat beaming and watched her stay on beat and I counted silently "one..two..three..four..." hahaha!!! She received so many compliements after which I know helped her so much!! She's increddible and I love her. I could talk about her for hours, if I had time I would. Well I think I'l end this here. I hope everyone is doing well!! I cant thank my Father in Heaven enough for the blessings which He pours upon me daily. I have been blessed with a wonderful family and friends who love and support me. Thank you so much! Pray for all the missionaries in the world!! We're on the Lords errand and we can feel your strength and love. Thanks again! The next email you receive from me I'll be a LEGIT missionary in the FIELD!!!! Be excited!!!!!!! Brazil better watch out cuz here I come!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I cant wait!! Love you all!! Ate mais -- Sempre, Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment